Thursday, April 26, 2012

Wish Lists, Accepted Tackiness

For several years I thought wish lists were incredibly tacky.  I still do actually.  One of the reasons I solicited my Los Angeles mentor, Mistress Simone, was because she had charities on her wish list.  It made her to be more of a person to me.
See, I may be all powerful, but I can't buy my own pants.

When I first started practicing in Los Angeles, I was trying to get a sense of what people were charging, but no one had such information on their sites.  I thought wish lists were so inane that they had to have some other purpose and my guess was it was a way to communicate the price of a session.  So I went around and found links to everything I liked that was $200.  It seems silly 11 years later, but if you think about it, it sounds a lot better than "200 roses" one still sees in ads today.  I soon learned that, no, they were just there to get more stuff.  Dommes were getting a decent hourly rate and that just seemed greedy


I begrudgingly put a regular ole wish list up on my first site, obey-m.com, and thought of it as something were someone could get a better sense of me as a person, like the charity link from Mistress Simone.  I saw it as a "hobbies" section.  I had links to the opera, books I liked, scuba equipment, whatever.  I found that the more sincere clients did, in fact, look at the list and perhaps sought out a similar gift, like picking up a pair of stockings, flowers or a book off the list before seeing me.  For them it was a way to start the session even before seeing me.  The act of going to get something to brighten my day began their service. You know, it worked.  All of these things were under $20, but I enjoyed the extra thought put into it and it truly did brighten my day.  This, in it's purest form, is quite charming.

As the years went on and my fame grew every so often a package would appear in my mailbox from some admirer who, though he would never actually get to serve me in person, wanted to "pay tribute" or "serve me in some small way."  My wish list evolved into more practical stuff that I just wanted, like really nice cook ware and such.
Yeah, no one was buying me pants.

Picking up phone sessions in 2006 and developing ongoing distance relationships, more packages started appearing.  I started putting up links to pretty much everything I needed/wanted, books, cameras, televisions, area rugs, software, and the like.  Every so often I took a step back and viewed my wish lists from my 26 year old eyes.  Gawd, it was so tacky.  But, why the hell not?  Everyone was doing it, so why not me?

Sometime in 2007 I started speaking with a slave who lived in the South and was just kind of bored.  We had a pleasant phone session.  Later that day I looked on to my wish list and there was nothing there. Nothing.  He had purchased it all for me.  I was pretty dang impressed, to say the least.  I replenished the list with other things I needed.  Two days later that list was purchased in it's entirety. All said and done, he bought the entire list a total of three times.

Awesome story, huh?  Well, yeah.  It's awesome because it's so rare.  It only happened to me once in my 14 years.

This kind of stuff might happen more often.  That's what one would be lead to think with the massive amount of "Pay Princesses" on-line.  There are thousands upon thousands of scantily clad young things with cheap tans, fake nails and wads of $100 bills waiting for subbies to buy them Cartier bracelets and Target gift certificates.  Do these women get guys who have never even seen them in person to buy them Mercedes Benzes? I dunno, maybe. Quite possibly, simply because it's free and easy to put up a profile, some cheesy pics, and an Amazon wish list.

I want to make fun of these people soooooooo badly.  I can't though.  I even put one up here, because, why not?  I'm just as tacky.

1 comment:

  1. Hi M:

    I really enjoyed buying my former Mistress little gifts. Nothing extravagant. I have never been wealthy. I bought her little things I could afford that I knew she would enjoy. I never arrived for a session empty handed. I purchased her a pair of opera length black leather gloves for her birthday once. Yeah o.k. that was more of a present for me! ;-)

    I never thought of it as starting the session early but I guess that's really true. It did seem to brighten her day and that certainly brightened mine. I agree that the giving of gifts in it's purist form can be charming and really enhance the Mistress/client relationship. It makes the whole thing seem more intimate and personal.

    ReplyDelete