Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Memories of Luxuria -- Apprentice Applicants

This month my protegee, Troy Orleans, celebrated here 8 year "dommiversery." 8 years. Wow. So many memories came flooding back, many good, many bad, and all "What where you thinking."
I built this dungeon, now what? I'm bored.

After 6 weeks of building "Dusk" and a few months sitting by myself with my laptop, the economist in me began to think I was not fully utilizing my resources.  There were only so many sessions one can do physically/emotionally each week.  I could use a partner to split the $3,000 a month rent/upkeep of the dungeon.  The climate of other pro-dommes at the time was such that no-one would front $1,500 a month to split a place. Nobody really would even consider paying more than half even though I had put $10,000 in furniture and fixings.  The alternative was to groom my own partner.


This seemed like a good idea rather than clashing with already established dommes.  I had a particular way I like things done, cleaned and my own peculiar protocol. So I put an ad on CraigsList that started something like, "Are you ready to write the next chapter of your memoir?" (Don't quote me on this, but I am pretty sure this is the line that got Miss Orleans.)  Within the first hour I had 75 applicants and well over 200 by the end of the day.
Who wants to share all this f%#ing blue rope with me?

(In the now, I am writing a CV--I haven't done so in 14 years--and I am paralyzed with fear. I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of a butt-load of resumes.)

I took every chance I could to eliminate a candidate because, frankly, I didn't want to go through all of them.  Too wordy--out. One-line query--gone. Misspelling--sorry tootsie, I'm sure you're swell, but I've got to whittle this down some how. I ended up replying to 30 applicants and interviewed about 25 women.

Oh the humanity that went through my door the next three days.

"I want to beat men." An angry woman, with a buzz cut hair-do, proclaimed as we sat down to talk.  "Guys, guys, they JUST SHOULD BE BEATEN."  While she already had a collection of leather pants, I seriously doubted the enjoyability of spending day-in and day out with a man-hating dyke.

A hoochie-momma from Hoboken lost what little composure she had. "The guys want you to SPIT on them? I donno if I can do that."  The 10 minute interview went downhill from there when she kept returning, incredulously, to people paying to be spat upon.

One woman was a writer for Nerve.com and just wanted to get in and out to write an article.  I liked her, but I didn't want a revolving door of dommes, spending thousands of dollars to promote them and six months to train them. Nope, though we had a great hour long conversation.

The interview that still haunts me is one woman who needed to work for me.  She had gone through some abuse and had abusive feelings towards men coming out in her. I felt for her so much because she wanted to overcome, own, these urges inside of her and bring them to a good place.  I wanted to hire her, but the sad reality was she wasn't very attractive and did I really want such an emotional "project." She contacted me several times the following month and I tried to connect her with some lifestyle resources.  From time to time I wonder what became of her.

I contacted 7 to re-interview, then there was 5, then there was 4, and then, then, then I couldn't cut it down anymore.  I thought, "Well, if I'm going to train one, would it be that much harder to train four?" (The answer was "Yes, what were you thinking?" More on that to come)  Then the core of Luxuria House of Domination began, Domina M, Mistress Mei Loong, Mistress Devin, Mistress Tavia and the still enduring, Miss Troy Orleans.

And that's the last time I got to sit down quietly by myself.

9 comments:

  1. I believe the line was "Would you like to add an interesting chapter to your memoirs?"

    What I remember most about our interview was 1) you reminded me of Stephanie March (http://www.thecinemasource.com/moviesdb/images/Stephanie_March%20-%205%20-%20The_Treatment.jpg … I think when I started I was always looking for vanilla referents in the kink world just to help me make sense of it all); 2) your boobs. They're spectacular. 3) you seemed smart and composed and genteelly dressed, which I appreciated (I was wearing khakis).

    I remember when you called me to tell me I'd been picked, I was standing at the little rolling cart island thingee in my kitchen, making dinner. I thought to myself "Of course, she picked me" and "OMG SHE PICKED ME!!!!" I don't know if you caught that in my response.

    Enjoyed our MF reminiscing. And, again, so grateful to you for all you did for me. Thank you.

    -T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahaha. You can compare me to Stephanie March anytime you want. I have been mulling so many stories about that time. The blue rope comment was for your benefit, BTW.

    -M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recently the retired Domina Darla visited with some gear she was getting rid of, including several lengths of that blue rope. I have no idea if it was a Luxuria inheritance or her own -- and I don't even use poly rope -- but I kept two lengths in tribute and memory of those days.

    I have a host of Luxuria quotes in weekly rotation including Mei's "It's like I'm fucking you. In your cock." "Forced pussy worship. Who knew?!" and, best of all, Devin's "Why would anybody DO that?!" (with accent of course).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor, silly little Devin, it was just outside her grasp. Why WOULD anyone do that?

    I keep thinking of the conversations Kristen would have with/to/about a certain German Mistress with volume control issues. While she never did go work in that foundry she has photos up that were 10 years old when she came to work for me. Anyway, I keep wanting to say her name in an inappropriately loud German accent.

    My blue rope went to the big playbag in the sky around the time I moved to Wall St. I believe it didn't dry properly once and acquired a strange smell so it got tossed out. I switched over to cotton rope that I tossed in the wash after each use. Much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving this... its like the behind the scenes at Luxuria that I should've had the guts to try and sneak a peek for. Bah, can I get a do-over? :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aarkey! Darling! Yes, can we have a do-over? I'd love to be 30 again.

    Even though you were never a client, you were a favorite guest. The ladies were quite taken with you.

    BTW, I still keep up with your blog, time to time. It's sexy and honest; what a kinky blog should be.

    -M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome. I was hoping for some do-over moments, and re-visiting Luxuria is definitely a top 10 :) I wish I had made it town more and the taking was definitely mutual - though subbish guys shouldn't be trying to take on a group of Dominas, right? ;)

    Flattered to read that you stop in on Aarkeybabble from time to time. It's gotten weird now that my personal kink life has been put on a hold. But I'm still thinkin' kinky, so at least I have a good outlet. *HUGGGGG*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, M. I so miss these days with you and the girls. Sex toys in the dishwasher and Better Burger for lunch, Nocturne and Dusk, accidentally throwing my cellphone out the second-story window and having to explain to the nice people on the first floor why I needed to use their door to the courtyard, Pussy Power, drag queen bingo (I still have my "Fuck you if you don't like bingo" wifebeater), Mistress Margarine, and Sophia the dog. You ladies dug me out of a dark, dark place and I never expressed my gratitude for all that you've done and all that you have taught me...about myself and about human nature. I miss you.

    Love always,
    Tavia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tavia!! My (and everybody's) favorite! I hope you are doing well. I've always wondered what became of you.

    Did Better Burger ever get our order correct?

    -M

    ReplyDelete